Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084019
Software: Adobe® InCopy® CS3
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
You have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word text editing, word processing, and formatting techniques. Now, you want to use Adobe InCopy CS3 effectively as part of a complete solution for a collaborative editorial workflow. In this course, you will create, edit,
annotate, and copyfit text and pictures directly in the Adobe InCopy CS3 layout.
Course Objective: You will explore and organize the InCopy workspace and create basic documents, add content to an Adobe InCopy document, edit content
in an InCopy document, collaborate InCopy work, and create output from InCopy documents.
Target Student: This course is intended for professionals who want to write and edit, and are currently working in a full-featured Word processing
tool like Microsoft Word and for those who want to realize the efficiency and benefits of the InCopy CS3 collaborative tools.
It is also intended for students desiring an essential understanding of the editorial workflow process with an emphasis on
real-world issues in a collaborative publication environment.
Prerequisites: Students enrolling in this class should have basic Microsoft Office Word text editing, word processing, and formatting skills.
They should be familiar with standard document components such as lists, tables, and styles. It is recommended that the students
take the courses titled, Microsoft® Office Word® 2007: Level 1 or Microsoft® Office Word® 2003: Level 1 or possess equivalent knowledge. Adobe® InDesign® CS3: Level 1 is recommended, but not required.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Minimum 1GB of RAM for each computer
- 40 GB or larger of hard disk drive for each student and the instructor computer
- Intel Core™ Duo 1.8 GHz CPU or higher
- VGA or higher resolution video card and monitor
- Mouse or compatible tracking device
- 12x (or faster) CD-ROM drive
- Display system to project the instructor’s computer screen
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2
- Adobe® InDesign® CS3 for the instructor and each student.
- Adobe® InCopy® CS3 for the instructor and each student.
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- explore and organize the Adobe InCopy work environment and create basic documents.
- add content to an Adobe InCopy document.
- edit content in InCopy documents.
- collaborate InCopy work.
- create output from InCopy documents.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Adobe InCopy
- Topic 1A: Organize the Workspace
- Topic 1B: Create a New Document Using Adobe InCopy
- Topic 1C: Create a New Adobe InCopy Document Using Adobe InDesign
- Lesson 2: Adding Content to Adobe InCopy Documents
- Topic 2A: Add Text
- Topic 2B: Add Pictures
- Topic 2C: Add List Items
- Topic 2D: Add Tables
- Topic 2E: Insert Footnotes
- Lesson 3: Editing Content in Adobe InCopy Documents
- Topic 3A: Format Text
- Topic 3B: Apply Styles
- Topic 3C: Change Text and Text Formatting
- Topic 3D: Check Spelling
- Topic 3E: Work with Pictures
- Lesson 4: Collaborating InCopy Work
- Topic 4A: Manage Assignments
- Topic 4B: Collaborate with Notes
- Topic 4C: Edit in Track Changes Mode
- Topic 4D: Validate Tracked Changes
- Lesson 5: Creating Output from InCopy Documents
- Topic 5A: Print an InCopy Document
- Topic 5B: Export an InCopy Document