Adobe® Photoshop® CS4: Level 2
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084052
Software: Adobe® Photoshop® CS4
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
You familiarized yourself with the basic image editing
tools of Adobe® Photoshop® CS4. Now, you may want to enhance images and work with videos.
In this course, you will work with the advanced tools and features available
in Photoshop CS4.
Course Objective: You will enhance your ability to create accurate masks and image
effects, retouch images, work with video files, automate repetitive tasks,
and integrate with other Adobe applications.
Target Student: This course is intended for the intermediate and advanced users
Prerequisites: Before taking this course, students should have taken
the Adobe® Photoshop® CS4: Level
1 course or have equivalent knowledge.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel® Centrino®, Intel®
Xeon®, or Intel® Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor
- 512 MB of RAM or above
- 1 GB hard-disk space to install software, and an additional
500 MB to run the course
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit color
- A mouse or compatible tracking device
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution
- CD-ROM drive
- Display system to project the instructor's computer screen
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2
- Adobe® Photoshop® CS4
- Adobe® Acrobat Reader® 7.0 or above
- Quick Time Player 5.0 or above
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- use the tools available in Adobe Photoshop to enhance
- create and edit vector paths.
- create custom fills and patterns.
- work with layers.
- automate tasks in Adobe Photoshop.
- use the video tools available in Adobe Photoshop to edit
and export video files.
- work with other Adobe applications.
- Lesson 1: Enhancing Images
- Topic 1A: Retouch Images
- Topic 1B: Adjust Tonal Range Using Adjustment Layers
- Lesson 2: Working with Vector Paths
- Topic 2A: Create Vector Paths
- Topic 2B: Edit Paths
- Lesson 3: Applying Custom Fills
- Topic 3A: Create Swatches and Gradients
- Topic 3B: Create Custom Patterns and Brushes
- Lesson 4: Working with Layers
- Topic 4A: Blend Layers
- Topic 4B: Work with Shape Layers
- Topic 4C: Work with Masks
- Topic 4D: Apply Special Effects to a Layer
- Lesson 5: Automating Tasks
- Topic 5A: Work with Actions
- Topic 5B: Automate Tasks in Adobe Bridge
- Lesson 6: Working with Video Files
- Topic 6A: Edit Video Files
- Topic 6B: Export Video Files
- Lesson 7: Integrating
with Other Adobe Applications
- Topic 7A: Integrate with Adobe Illustrator
- Topic 7B: Edit a Photoshop File with Adobe Acrobat