Course SpecificationsCourse number: 084062
Software: Adobe® Photoshop® CS4
Course length: 1.0 day(s)
You know how to use the features in Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 to enhance and modify images to meet your requirements. Now, you would want to create and work with images to be used on
the web pages. In this course, you will use Photoshop to create and optimize images for the web. You will also stage web page
components, arrange them aesthetically, and add interactivity to them. Finally, you will export the web page consisting of
interactive images so that you can view and test their functionality in Internet browsers.
Course Objective: You will set Photoshop’s unit preferences and save files in different formats to see how well each one balances image quality with
file size reduction. You will then calibrate your system’s color display. You will also use Photoshop as part of creating
finished web pages and export individual slices and create an HTML web page that displays a table containing the sliced sections.
Finally, you will use the Save for Web & Devices feature to create and optimize animations for the web and mobile devices.
Target Student: This course is intended for web professionals with a basic knowledge of Photoshop who are interested in using Photoshop for
Prerequisites: To ensure students' success with this course, we recommend that they have a familiarity with Photoshop or take the following
Element K course: Adobe® Photoshop® CS4: Level 1.
Delivery Method: Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Intel® Pentium® 4, Intel® Centrino®, Intel® Xeon®, or Intel® Core™ Duo (or compatible) processor.
- 512 MB RAM or above.
- 1 GB hard-disk space to install software, and an additional 500 MB to run the course.
- Color monitor with 16-bit or greater video card; 24-bit color recommended.
- Mouse or any other compatible tracking device.
- 1024 x 768 or higher monitor resolution.
- CD-ROM drive.
- Display system to project the instructor's computer screen.
- Microsoft® Windows® XP or higher
- Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 2
- Adobe® Photoshop® CS4 Extended
Performance-Based ObjectivesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- prepare images for the web.
- optimize images by saving them in different formats and applying transparency to them.
- apply color management techniques, adjust images, and ensure color consistency to create images that are attractive to the
widest possible audience who use different platforms such as Windows® and Macintosh®.
- create web page layouts.
- export a web page.
- create animations for the web and mobile devices.
- Lesson 1: Preparing Web Images
- Topic 1A: Understand Images for Web
- Topic 1B: Reduce File Size
- Lesson 2: Optimizing Images
- Topic 2A: Optimize Photographic Images
- Topic 2B: Optimize Flat Color Graphics and Illustrations
- Topic 2C: Apply Transparency Settings
- Lesson 3: Preparing Images for Cross-Platform Viewing
- Topic 3A: Set Up Color Management for the Web
- Topic 3B: Alter Images for Displaying Across Platforms
- Topic 3C: Snap to Web-Safe Colors
- Lesson 4: Creating Web Page Layouts
- Topic 4A: Create a Web Page
- Topic 4B: Create Web Page Backgrounds
- Topic 4C: Draw Editable Vector Shapes
- Topic 4D: Create Effects
- Lesson 5: Exporting a Web Page
- Topic 5A: Prepare a Web Page for Export
- Topic 5B: Export a Web Page
- Lesson 6: Creating Animations for Web and Mobile Devices
- Topic 6A: Create Frame Animations
- Topic 6B: Create Timeline Animations
- Topic 6C: Save Animations
- Topic 6D: Preview Animations on Mobile Devices