CorelDRAW® 12: Level 1
Course SpecificationsCourse number: 078854
Course length: 2 DOT
Software: CorelDRAW 12
CorelDRAW® 12: Level
1 (Windows)is designed for students with
little or no experience using CorelDRAW® 12. Students will use their knowledge
of graphical design in conjunction with the basic features of CorelDRAW to
create engaging and dynamic drawings.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following Element
K course or have equivalent knowledge:
Delivery Method: Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model
with structured, hands-on activities.
You will need:
- A Pentium II, 200 MHz or higher processor.
- A minimum of 128 MB of RAM (required for Windows XP).
- A minimum of 200 MB of hard disk space for CorelDRAW 12, after
Windows XP is installed.
- Either a local CD-ROM drive or access to a networked CD-ROM drive.
- A mouse.
- A monitor with 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
- An Internet connection with access to the World Wide Web, which
is necessary to complete a portion of the “Using Clipart, Special Characters,
and Symbols” lesson. (Note: Internet access may require payment of a
separate fee to a service provider; local charges may also apply.)
- A Typical installation of Windows XP Professional.
- A Typical installation of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12.
- A Typical installation of any browser (preferably Internet Explorer
5.5 or higher) and an Internet connection.
- Identify the components of the CorelDRAW environment, open and
close a drawing, and find information using Help.
- Set up a drawing page, draw shapes, lines, and arrows, add and
format text, use the Artistic Media Sprayer tool, and save a drawing.
- Import a file, ungroup and modify objects, and add graphic images.
- Add fills to objects, modify outlines, add and clone drop shadows,
rotate an object, fit text to a path, group objects, and add a background.
- Format text with bullets, modify paragraph spacing, wrap text around
graphic objects, spell check text in a drawing, and preview and print a drawing.
- Customize the CorelDRAW environment.
- Create and edit paragraph text.
- Create and modify styles and templates.
- Draw and modify advanced objects.
- Work with clipart, special characters, and symbols.
- Set advanced printing options.
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with CorelDRAW
- Topic 1A: Starting CorelDRAW
- Topic 1B: Working with Command Bars
- Topic 1C: Opening and Navigating in a Drawing
- Topic 1D: CorelDRAW Help
- Topic 1E: Closing a Drawing
- Lesson 2: Drawing Tools
- Topic 2A: The Drawing Area
- Topic 2B: Drawing Objects
- Topic 2C: Drawing Lines
- Topic 2D: Saving a Drawing
- Topic 2E: Working with Text
- Topic 2F: The Artistic Media Tool
- Lesson 3: Working with Objects
- Topic 3A: Importing a File
- Topic 3B: Modifying Objects
- Topic 3C: Adding a Graphic Image
- Topic 3D: Working with Text Objects—Copying
- Lesson 4: Formatting Objects
- Topic 4A: Working with Fills
- Topic 4B: Modifying Outlines
- Topic 4C: Working with Drop Shadows
- Topic 4D: Rotating an Object
- Topic 4E: Fit Text to Path
- Topic 4F: Additional Formatting Techniques
- Lesson 5: Working with Text
- Topic 5A: Artistic and Paragraph Text
- Topic 5B: Formatting Paragraph Text
- Topic 5C: Wrapping Text
- Lesson 6: Customizing the Environment
- Topic 6A: Customizing the Menu Bar and Standard Toolbar
- Topic 6B: Working with Workspaces
- Lesson 7: Working with Paragraph Text
- Topic 7A: Creating and Modifying Paragraph Text
- Topic 7B: Finding and Replacing Text
- Topic 7C: Fitting Text
- Topic 7D: Importing and Editing OCR Text
- Lesson 8: Creating and Modifying Styles and Templates
- Topic 8A: Creating and Editing a Text Style
- Topic 8B: Working with Templates
- Lesson 9: Drawing and Modifying Objects
- Topic 9A: Drawing and Editing Curves and Lines
- Topic 9B: Using Three-point Tools
- Lesson 10: Using Clipart, Special Characters, and Symbols
- Topic 10A: Inserting and Editing Clipart from the Web
- Topic 10B: Inserting Special Characters
- Topic 10C: Creating Symbols
- Lesson 11: Using Advanced Printing Options
- Topic 11A: Creating and Editing a Print Style
- Topic 11B: Using the Print Merge Wizard